Good and bad of wheelie bins
SIR – On the issue of bags or wheelie bins, after yet another Monday morning sweeping the road to remove glass, food and other things left behind by the council waste collection, I am all for the wheelie bins. What do we residents pay council tax for, as
SIR - On the issue of bags or wheelie bins, after yet another Monday morning sweeping the road to remove glass, food and other things left behind by the council waste collection, I am all for the wheelie bins. What do we residents pay council tax for, as I have never seen the roads in my area cleaned. No wonder the council tax went up again this year.
It seems to me that the people working for the council on waste collection make a mess so they can justify their budget of more people.
If they cleared up after themselves what would they do then? Today I started to take photos and within 10 minutes there was a second cleaning crew sweeping the road and avoiding questions about why the rubbish was not cleaned up by the lorry crew.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Arrests made after assault leaves victim with lacerations to the head
- 2 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Custodial sentence 'sends strong message' to those carrying knives
- 6 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 7 Hitchin Beer and Cider Festival in pictures
- 8 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 9 Hospice volunteers mark Churchgate Day on the catwalk with vintage fashion show
- 10 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
SIR - Wheelie bins are great if you have a front garden but we do not have a front garden to store a wheelie bin. Our brown wheelie bin has to be wheeled through the kitchen and then wheeled back in. This may be fine if you are fit but if you are not it can be quite a struggle.
Also you still have to use a wheelie bin bag (I would have thought) to put in it and wheelie bins need to be cleaned often so that they do not smell.
Those for the wheelie bin should consider that some people may not have a place to put these wheelie bins or be able to manoeuvre one around.