Good and bad of wheelie bins
SIR – On the issue of bags or wheelie bins, after yet another Monday morning sweeping the road to remove glass, food and other things left behind by the council waste collection, I am all for the wheelie bins. What do we residents pay council tax for, as
SIR - On the issue of bags or wheelie bins, after yet another Monday morning sweeping the road to remove glass, food and other things left behind by the council waste collection, I am all for the wheelie bins. What do we residents pay council tax for, as I have never seen the roads in my area cleaned. No wonder the council tax went up again this year.
It seems to me that the people working for the council on waste collection make a mess so they can justify their budget of more people.
If they cleared up after themselves what would they do then? Today I started to take photos and within 10 minutes there was a second cleaning crew sweeping the road and avoiding questions about why the rubbish was not cleaned up by the lorry crew.
- 1 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 2 Farmhouse owners disgusted by 'abhorrent' solar panels plan
- 3 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 4 COVID-19 cases plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 5 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 6 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 7 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 8 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 9 Teenagers demand drugs and punch paramedic during attempted robbery
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
SIR - Wheelie bins are great if you have a front garden but we do not have a front garden to store a wheelie bin. Our brown wheelie bin has to be wheeled through the kitchen and then wheeled back in. This may be fine if you are fit but if you are not it can be quite a struggle.
Also you still have to use a wheelie bin bag (I would have thought) to put in it and wheelie bins need to be cleaned often so that they do not smell.
Those for the wheelie bin should consider that some people may not have a place to put these wheelie bins or be able to manoeuvre one around.