Give our PCSOs the tools
How can your letter writer last week say our PCSOs in Stevenage are useless? They are on the buses, walking about, out in the side streets, in the town centre. Did you challenge them to why they were in the cafe? Perhaps they were on their tea/lunch break
How can your letter writer last week say our PCSOs in Stevenage are useless? They are on the buses, walking about, out in the side streets, in the town centre. Did you challenge them to why they were in the cafe? Perhaps they were on their tea/lunch break. Did you ask why they had not stopped the cyclist?
I myself have seen them stop cyclists in the town centre and even asked them why only a verbal warning was given and not a ticket as I believed at that time they could give one. It was explained to me that as of yet the council have not provided them with the tickets to issue. Also would it not be unprofessional for them to shout after these cyclists, as we all know that they sometimes are not noticed until they have zoomed past us.
Leave our PCSOs alone. They do a fine job in the town centre and out on the estates. They have made this town a better place with their friendly faces, taking time to answer questions and are ready to offer advice and help when required.
Maybe you should be asking why our council hasn't given them the tools to do the job.
You may also want to watch:
NAME AND ADDRESS WITHELD
- 1 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 2 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 4 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home
- 7 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602