Give kids a taste of booze in the home
POLICE are concerned parents are encouraging underage drinking by supplying their children with alcohol to drink on the streets. In the advice police issued to parents in last week s Comet, nowhere did it say parents should encourage moderate and controll
POLICE are concerned parents are encouraging underage drinking by supplying their children with alcohol to drink on the streets.
In the advice police issued to parents in last week's Comet, nowhere did it say parents should encourage moderate and controlled drinking in the home, allowing their children to have the occasional drink when they are in their parents' company.
I think the problem with youngsters' binge drinking and drinking in public stems from parents failing to introduce alcohol to their children in a sensible manner.
Children want what they can't have, and if something is completely taboo it is made all the more appealing.
You may also want to watch:
Youngsters, particularly those in their mid-teens, should be permitted to drink the occasional glass of wine with their dinner, or sup the odd beer while watching TV.
Those parents who are supplying alcohol for their children to drink on the streets are irresponsible, but those parents who do not allow their children to drink at all are also irresponsible.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 3 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 8 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation