SIR - I refer to the story regarding racist remarks about the proposed gipsy and travellers sites within The Comet area on March 27. Firstly I have no time to waste on racist residents who clearly are not able to express themselves without causing offence
SIR - I refer to the story regarding racist remarks about the proposed gipsy and travellers sites within The Comet area on March 27.
Firstly I have no time to waste on racist residents who clearly are not able to express themselves without causing offence to others. However I find it ironic and hypocritical to suggest that it is acceptable to build a specific area where only one race of people can live, surely in itself this is discrimination against people who are not of the gipsy/traveller race!
Can you imagine the outcry if we were to suggest developing an area just for English people...no of course not, the idea of the anti-discrimination and anti-racist acts is to embrace everyone and not separate us into to groups.
Everyone living in Britain should have the same opportunities as each other and it is my opinion the gipsies who are part their own proud race and indeed all races should welcome this ideology... after all surely you cannot have your cake and eat it...can you?
You may also want to watch:
NAME AND ADDRESS
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 8 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 9 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 10 Do you recognise these people?