SIR - I refer to the story regarding racist remarks about the proposed gipsy and travellers sites within The Comet area on March 27. Firstly I have no time to waste on racist residents who clearly are not able to express themselves without causing offence
SIR - I refer to the story regarding racist remarks about the proposed gipsy and travellers sites within The Comet area on March 27.
Firstly I have no time to waste on racist residents who clearly are not able to express themselves without causing offence to others. However I find it ironic and hypocritical to suggest that it is acceptable to build a specific area where only one race of people can live, surely in itself this is discrimination against people who are not of the gipsy/traveller race!
Can you imagine the outcry if we were to suggest developing an area just for English people...no of course not, the idea of the anti-discrimination and anti-racist acts is to embrace everyone and not separate us into to groups.
Everyone living in Britain should have the same opportunities as each other and it is my opinion the gipsies who are part their own proud race and indeed all races should welcome this ideology... after all surely you cannot have your cake and eat it...can you?
You may also want to watch:
NAME AND ADDRESS
- 1 Arrests made after assault leaves victim with lacerations to the head
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 4 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 5 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 6 Historic family jewellers scoops up industry awards
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 10 Hospice volunteers mark Churchgate Day on the catwalk with vintage fashion show