While this is not a problem, per sé, I would like to enquire what arrangements NHDC will be making to enhance the kerbside collection of recyclable materials. In particular tins, cardboard and plastics. I ask about these as they are the most common type o
While this is not a problem, per sé, I would like to enquire what arrangements NHDC will be making to enhance the kerbside collection of recyclable materials. In particular tins, cardboard and plastics.
I ask about these as they are the most common type of food packaging and will make up the bulk of the contents of most bins and the landfill sites they are talking about.
Blackhorse Road is the only site in Letchworth GC to take these materials for recycling, so this kind of extension to their services would benefit everyone, including NHDC.
Unless of course the intention is to save money rather than provide adequate public services.
You may also want to watch:
ELAINE GRANT, Archers Way, Letchworth Garden City
* I presume that when North Herts District Council moves from a weekly to a fortnightly refuse collection we can expect to see a 50 percent reduction in the number of refuse collection vehicles and a similar reduction in the number of refuse collection staff.
- 1 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 2 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 3 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 4 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 5 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 6 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 7 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 8 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 9 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory
No doubt too, that part of the community charge relating to refuse collection will also be reduced by 50 percent.
Or am I being cynical in believing that there will be no reductions whatsoever, and all that will happen is that the councillors will simply vote to increase their expense allowances by the amount saved?
DOUGLAS KING, Grovelands Avenue, Hitchin