Fundraiser was a success
SIR – Can I through your newspaper, thank everyone involved in the street collection in Letchworth on November 25 for the Nightingale Fund at the Lister Hospital in Stevenage. The money raised will go to The Lee Haynes Memorial Fund in memory of my son wh
SIR - Can I through your newspaper, thank everyone involved in the street collection in Letchworth on November 25 for the Nightingale Fund at the Lister Hospital in Stevenage.
The money raised will go to The Lee Haynes Memorial Fund in memory of my son who died of renal failure last year aged just 25, and will be put towards funding a clinical renal research institute for Hertfordshire dedicated to improving the quality of dialysis treatments. The weather could not have been worse, but the fantastic sum of £511.04 was raised plus a £500 donation from a wonderful friend of mine. We also qualify for gift aid of £148, giving us a final total of almost £1,160.00, an amazing amount!
My sincere thanks to everyone who collected for me and to everyone who gave so generously, you all made the day very special to me.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 6 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust