Frustration at recycle bid
SIR – Last Sunday my son s household and mine took three weeks of recycling to the new tip, most of it being plastic containers, flattened and with the tops removed, although why this is necessary, I cannot see, as the tops on most containers are also pla
SIR - Last Sunday my son's household and mine took three weeks of recycling to the new tip, most of it being plastic containers, flattened and with the tops removed, although why this is necessary, I cannot see, as the tops on most containers are also plastic. When we arrived, we could not find a skip for plastic and were told the machine for dealing with it was not working and therefore we should throw it all in the general rubbish skip or take it home. Seeing as we had a boot full of it, in the general skip it went.
Seeing as there are talks about fining people for nor recycling properly, surely there should have been a skip set aside for the plastic to have been stored until the machine is fixed. After all the effort in trying to recycle, was our journey necessary?
Mr K J HARTFREE
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 5 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 8 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 9 Bedfordshire schools mark move to two-tier system
- 10 Herts Cladiators take part in London rally against 'terrible injustice'