Frustration at recycle bid
SIR – Last Sunday my son s household and mine took three weeks of recycling to the new tip, most of it being plastic containers, flattened and with the tops removed, although why this is necessary, I cannot see, as the tops on most containers are also pla
SIR - Last Sunday my son's household and mine took three weeks of recycling to the new tip, most of it being plastic containers, flattened and with the tops removed, although why this is necessary, I cannot see, as the tops on most containers are also plastic. When we arrived, we could not find a skip for plastic and were told the machine for dealing with it was not working and therefore we should throw it all in the general rubbish skip or take it home. Seeing as we had a boot full of it, in the general skip it went.
Seeing as there are talks about fining people for nor recycling properly, surely there should have been a skip set aside for the plastic to have been stored until the machine is fixed. After all the effort in trying to recycle, was our journey necessary?
Mr K J HARTFREE
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 3 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 4 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 5 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 6 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 7 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled
- 8 National charity challenge for Samaritans makes its way through Hitchin
- 9 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 10 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers