From good town stock
SIR - I come from good Hitchin stock, my parents were married in St Mary s as were one set of grandparents too. I am not from the area now but I understand the names of Mansell and Sell are still recognised in the town. I would love to make contact with a
SIR - I come from good Hitchin stock, my parents were married in St Mary's as were one set of grandparents too. I am not from the area now but I understand the names of Mansell and Sell are still recognised in the town.
I would love to make contact with anyone who does remember.
I have completed a lot of the family tree for the Mansells and the Sells, going back as far as 1739. My grandmother was Ada Mansell who lived in Hitchin all her life, and my grandfather was Thomas Sell who sadly died young in 1938.
We have great characters in the family history including a 19th century 'quack' and a travelling comedian.
You may also want to watch:
If anyone remembers my grandparents, or if anyone thinks that we may be related, I would love to hear from you. There is no reward or gain to be made other than sharing the family history. I can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 2 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says council
- 3 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 4 Community fieldwalking to uncover Hitchin's Roman ruins hailed 'huge success'
- 5 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
- 6 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 7 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 8 Two schools' birthday celebrations can finally go ahead
- 9 Revealed: Stevenage pantomime cast members announced for Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images