From good town stock
SIR - I come from good Hitchin stock, my parents were married in St Mary s as were one set of grandparents too. I am not from the area now but I understand the names of Mansell and Sell are still recognised in the town. I would love to make contact with a
SIR - I come from good Hitchin stock, my parents were married in St Mary's as were one set of grandparents too. I am not from the area now but I understand the names of Mansell and Sell are still recognised in the town.
I would love to make contact with anyone who does remember.
I have completed a lot of the family tree for the Mansells and the Sells, going back as far as 1739. My grandmother was Ada Mansell who lived in Hitchin all her life, and my grandfather was Thomas Sell who sadly died young in 1938.
We have great characters in the family history including a 19th century 'quack' and a travelling comedian.
If anyone remembers my grandparents, or if anyone thinks that we may be related, I would love to hear from you. There is no reward or gain to be made other than sharing the family history. I can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 2 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 3 Lights stolen in Baldock burglary
- 4 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 5 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 6 Villagers pull together to support boy with life-limiting condition
- 7 Can you spot your school at Stevenage's Commonwealth Games Day?
- 8 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 9 Invitation to Hitchin community garden party!
- 10 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint