From good town stock
SIR - I come from good Hitchin stock, my parents were married in St Mary s as were one set of grandparents too. I am not from the area now but I understand the names of Mansell and Sell are still recognised in the town. I would love to make contact with a
SIR - I come from good Hitchin stock, my parents were married in St Mary's as were one set of grandparents too. I am not from the area now but I understand the names of Mansell and Sell are still recognised in the town.
I would love to make contact with anyone who does remember.
I have completed a lot of the family tree for the Mansells and the Sells, going back as far as 1739. My grandmother was Ada Mansell who lived in Hitchin all her life, and my grandfather was Thomas Sell who sadly died young in 1938.
We have great characters in the family history including a 19th century 'quack' and a travelling comedian.
You may also want to watch:
If anyone remembers my grandparents, or if anyone thinks that we may be related, I would love to hear from you. There is no reward or gain to be made other than sharing the family history. I can be contacted at email@example.com.
- 1 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 2 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 3 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 4 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 5 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 6 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 7 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 8 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 9 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory