Footballers should tidy up
We live near Shepalbury Park in the Broadwater area of Stevenage. It is a lovely area and well used by the community. I walk my dogs there every day and make sure I clean up after them.Today I went there for my daily walk to be met by a sea of empty, high
We live near Shepalbury Park in the Broadwater area of Stevenage. It is a lovely area and well used by the community.
I walk my dogs there every day and make sure I clean up after them.Today I went there for my daily walk to be met by a sea of empty, high-energy bottles left by the grown-up boys after their football matches on Sunday.
It looks disgusting, the clubs should not be allowed back on the pitches unless they collect their litter. How hard it is to pick up your empty bottle after you finish drinking?
I have two puppies that love to chew and collect everything and anything. Chewing a plastic bottle is not safe and they can cut their gums easily.
You may also want to watch:
Come on, the park is normally well looked after in every season. I hope we do not have to walk on litter every day just because the football season is still going on.
ROBERTA, Address supplied
- 1 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 3 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 4 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 5 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 6 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 7 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 8 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 9 Parents' tribute to caring community as they continue push for new specialist facilities
- 10 Helicopter and armed police hunt weapon suspects