Fitting tribute to Pete
SIR - Could I ask you that you, through the newspaper, pass on our thanks to the following that helped with the celebration of Pete Bissell s life that was attended by about 350 people? Thanks also to the Coptic Community in Stevenage and in particular Hi
SIR - Could I ask you that you, through the newspaper, pass on our thanks to the following that helped with the celebration of Pete Bissell's life that was attended by about 350 people?
Thanks also to the Coptic Community in Stevenage and in particular His Grace Bishop Angaelos, Father Shenouda and Tracey Wahba, the Bishop's Personal Assistant, for allowing us to use the cathedral.
Thanks also to Sid Barras (Rider Liaison) and Derek Smith (Chairman) from the Dave Rayner Fund (a charity that helps young riders to race on the continent) who travelled down from Yorkshire and who put up a display of the riders who had benefited. Incidentally we have raised over £1800 to date for the fund.
We would also like to thank the Redemption band for appearing who are part of Redemption Church which Pete went to. Thank you also to the ushers and car parkers, to Debbie and to Roy Taylor for the catering and Andy Lancaster from the Falkland Press for the printing.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks also go out to the Mayor and Mayoress Graham and Dilys Clark for attending and other members of the council, especially as Peter and his sister Laura had been helped by the Talented Young People's award and Stevenage Borough Council's Olympic Scholarship Programme.
Thank you finally to all the people who have sent cards, letters, flowers, prayers and thoughts that have helped us over this difficult time.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses
- 10 The hidden history of Hitchin's disappeared pubs
DAVE and SANDY BISSELL