Fitness is a family affair
AS EXPERTS warn that the UK is seeing an explosion of diabetes linked to growing obesity rates, families in Comet country are being urged to change their lifestyles for the sake of their children. According to Dawn Breacher, who runs the Stotfold Slimming
AS EXPERTS warn that the UK is seeing an explosion of diabetes linked to growing obesity rates, families in Comet country are being urged to change their lifestyles for the sake of their children.
According to Dawn Breacher, who runs the Stotfold Slimming World group, today's children could die before their parents unless something is done.
And drastic measures don't have to be taken - simply make healthier food choices and take some exercise.
Making a meal from scratch can often, contrary to popular opinion, be cheaper than pre-packed convenience food, and you have the added advantage of knowing exactly what you and your children are eating.
You may also want to watch:
Also, take up activities with your children. Don't just pack them off to swimming or gymnastics - although of course these are great ways to keep fit and active and should be encouraged - but also go swimming together, go on a bike ride, or play tennis.
The list is endless and not only will you all be keeping fit, but its fun, cheap and you will be spending quality time together as a family.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 8 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 9 Bedfordshire schools mark move to two-tier system
- 10 Herts Cladiators take part in London rally against 'terrible injustice'