Fitness is a family affair
AS EXPERTS warn that the UK is seeing an explosion of diabetes linked to growing obesity rates, families in Comet country are being urged to change their lifestyles for the sake of their children. According to Dawn Breacher, who runs the Stotfold Slimming
AS EXPERTS warn that the UK is seeing an explosion of diabetes linked to growing obesity rates, families in Comet country are being urged to change their lifestyles for the sake of their children.
According to Dawn Breacher, who runs the Stotfold Slimming World group, today's children could die before their parents unless something is done.
And drastic measures don't have to be taken - simply make healthier food choices and take some exercise.
Making a meal from scratch can often, contrary to popular opinion, be cheaper than pre-packed convenience food, and you have the added advantage of knowing exactly what you and your children are eating.
You may also want to watch:
Also, take up activities with your children. Don't just pack them off to swimming or gymnastics - although of course these are great ways to keep fit and active and should be encouraged - but also go swimming together, go on a bike ride, or play tennis.
The list is endless and not only will you all be keeping fit, but its fun, cheap and you will be spending quality time together as a family.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 3 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 8 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation