Fines for noisy neighbours in Stevenage
TWO noisy neighbours have been fined at Stevenage Magistrates’ Court following successful prosecutions by the borough council.
John Quinn, of Plash Drive pleaded guilty last week to playing loud music, shouting and singing on four separate occasions.
He was fined �260 and ordered to pay �200 costs plus a �15 victim surcharge.
He had been successfully prosecuted on similar charges twice before and on one previous occasion his musical equipment had been seized, but the problem of noise nuisance continued.
Due to this, the council was granted an anti-social behaviour order against him for two years, as well as a forfeiture and destruction order for his musical equipment.
You may also want to watch:
Roseanne Maxiz Loyd, of Highcroft was found guilty in her absence of playing loud music. She was fined �350, with �150 costs and a �15 victim surcharge.
*Anyone who has a problem with noise nuisance can contact the council’s environmental health unit on 01438 242908.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 3 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 8 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
Cllr Richard Henry, the council’s executive member for safer and stronger communities, said: “These prosecutions show that we will not hesitate to take action against those people who are causing continual nuisance and disturbance to those living around them. If anyone is suffering from noise nuisance, please contact us for advice and assistance.”