Final straw over bin saga
SIR - I write to you in the hope that you may publish this letter to encourage others to contact their MP and council representatives regarding the fortnightly refuse collections. This last week has been wonderfully hot and we have been enjoying our garde
SIR - I write to you in the hope that you may publish this letter to encourage others to contact their MP and council representatives regarding the fortnightly refuse collections.
This last week has been wonderfully hot and we have been enjoying our garden. However, today - collection day for the black bins - has been spoilt by the swarms of young flies that have appeared suddenly. I have never seen so many flies in the garden in all the years I have lived here and can only presume that it is related to our food waste being left for two weeks, in the heat, awaiting collection. There are so many buzzing around that one cannot spend any time, especially with food or drink, in the garden at all!
This has been the final straw for me in the whole fortnightly collection saga. I have tried to give it a go and do my best but this plague of flies in tandem with the foul smell of rotting waste that accompanies our bins now is just disgusting. I cannot believe that any savings in collection costs can be worth this!
I urge anyone similarly affected to contact the authorities and voice their concerns - maybe we can get this new collection schedule overturned!
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 2 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 3 Lights stolen in Baldock burglary
- 4 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 5 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 6 Villagers pull together to support boy with life-limiting condition
- 7 Can you spot your school at Stevenage's Commonwealth Games Day?
- 8 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 9 Invitation to Hitchin community garden party!
- 10 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint