Fight to save your post offices
Re the closure of local post offices – the short consultation process is now underway for the Government s proposed closure of local post offices. This includes post offices within my county council area of Shefford, Campton, Meppershall and in east Mid-B
Re the closure of local post offices - the short consultation process is now underway for the Government's proposed closure of local post offices. This includes post offices within my county council area of Shefford, Campton, Meppershall and in east Mid-Bedfordshire. I urge all residents to write in support of this invaluable service before it is too late.
Our local communities and residents rely heavily upon the local post office network and there is the distinct prospect of that network being decimated. Under this Labour Government over 4,875 post offices have been closed since 1997, which is nearly 10 per week. The closure of any post office in east Mid-Bedfordshire would increase that number.
Rather obviously, any closures of village post offices will hit the elderly and the vulnerable the hardest. Additionally, many of our village post offices are the only shop and contact point in the community.
We need as many people as possible to show their support for our local post offices here in Mid-Bedfordshire. Letters should be sent as soon as possible to:
You may also want to watch:
Post Office Network Consultation, Department for Business Enterprise and Regulatory Reform, 1 Victoria Street, London SW1H 0ET.
The public do have a voice - please use it in the form of a letter showing your wish to retain all of our village post offices here in Mid-Bedfordshire. If you wish please refer specifically to your own village or rural post office. I have used my voice by writing my letter to the above address, opposing any closure of a local Post Office.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 9 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 10 Do you recognise these people?
Councillor ROBIN YOUNGER, County Councillor for Shefford, Campton and Meppershall, High Street, Flitton