Fight to save your post offices
Re the closure of local post offices – the short consultation process is now underway for the Government s proposed closure of local post offices. This includes post offices within my county council area of Shefford, Campton, Meppershall and in east Mid-B
Re the closure of local post offices - the short consultation process is now underway for the Government's proposed closure of local post offices. This includes post offices within my county council area of Shefford, Campton, Meppershall and in east Mid-Bedfordshire. I urge all residents to write in support of this invaluable service before it is too late.
Our local communities and residents rely heavily upon the local post office network and there is the distinct prospect of that network being decimated. Under this Labour Government over 4,875 post offices have been closed since 1997, which is nearly 10 per week. The closure of any post office in east Mid-Bedfordshire would increase that number.
Rather obviously, any closures of village post offices will hit the elderly and the vulnerable the hardest. Additionally, many of our village post offices are the only shop and contact point in the community.
We need as many people as possible to show their support for our local post offices here in Mid-Bedfordshire. Letters should be sent as soon as possible to:
You may also want to watch:
Post Office Network Consultation, Department for Business Enterprise and Regulatory Reform, 1 Victoria Street, London SW1H 0ET.
The public do have a voice - please use it in the form of a letter showing your wish to retain all of our village post offices here in Mid-Bedfordshire. If you wish please refer specifically to your own village or rural post office. I have used my voice by writing my letter to the above address, opposing any closure of a local Post Office.
- 1 Arrests made after assault leaves victim with lacerations to the head
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 8 Historic family jewellers scoops up industry awards
- 9 Hospice volunteers mark Churchgate Day on the catwalk with vintage fashion show
- 10 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
Councillor ROBIN YOUNGER, County Councillor for Shefford, Campton and Meppershall, High Street, Flitton