Facing facts of the fire
SIR – Harrow Court. Before the powers that be start pointing the finger at the officers that were in charge at the early stages of the incident they should start looking at the bigger picture and ask questions on how a senior non-operational officer can d
SIR - Harrow Court. Before the powers that be start pointing the finger at the officers that were in charge at the early stages of the incident they should start looking at the bigger picture and ask questions on how a senior non-operational officer can decide to take high-rise training out of the recruit basic training, and also how they allowed people with no relative experience to be in charge of relatively inexperienced crews. Also why fire crews in Hertfordshire are now no longer able to do any hot fire training due apparently to pollution to the environment.
I would like to know what the views of the council tax paying public would be knowing that if they have a fire in their property the chances are that they are going to get a crew who have had no hot fire training at all or for some considerable time. The public need to be aware. It may give a stronger reason to get smoke detectors.
- 1 ATM stolen during ram raid at Baldock store
- 2 Council to build new car park to improve entrance into town
- 3 Stevenage siblings launch funeral fundraiser following Covid death of mum at 47
- 4 Schoolgirl inappropriately touched while walking home
- 5 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 6 10-year-old Ayana makes 'phenomenal' stage debut in The Lion King
- 7 Hitchin Forum: Westward Ho! Stevenage first, North Herts next!
- 8 Latest on Stevenage Marks & Spencer store opening
- 9 MP insists no one in Mid Beds is angry with the PM over partygate
- 10 Vista Tower resident welcomes cladding funds but 'still more to be done'