Excellent care at hospital
As a result of a fall in Fairlands Valley Park on Saturday, January 5, I broke my hip. I would like to thank those kind people who stayed with me for some considerable time and called an ambulance. I would also like to thank the paramedic and ambulance c
As a result of a fall in Fairlands Valley Park on Saturday, January 5, I broke my hip. I would like to thank those kind people who stayed with me for some considerable time and called an ambulance.
I would also like to thank the paramedic and ambulance crew, who by their actions did a lot to make me comfortable and put me at ease.
I was taken to the Lister Hospital where I was treated promptly and with kindness, being admitted to a main ward that evening. The standard of care given and dedication of nurses in difficult circumstances impressed me greatly. Cleanliness was paramount with gloves and hand washing automatic amongst all the staff.
I was able to have an operation on Tuesday and am now recovering. I was also impressed by the quality of hospital food and the after care system which is put in place.
You may also want to watch:
If you are unfortunate enough to require hospital treatment, I would recommend the Lister. Thank you to all the nurses in ward 5BS.
RON SEYMOUR, Vardon Road, Stevenage
- 1 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 2 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 3 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 4 What you need to know about the changing divorce laws
- 5 Medical spa at the front of breaking down taboos about cosmetic treatments opens in Stevenage
- 6 CCTV appeal after distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 7 Darcie's Wish fundraising back on track after 18 months
- 8 Youths to be questioned by police in connection with fountain foam
- 9 Have your say on future of Stevenage High Street
- 10 Woman suffers cuts and bruises in pub glassing