Enjoy quality of service that is second to none
BALDOCK with its massive multi-million pound street enhancement scheme now completed will benefit from The Comet s campaign to give its town centre businesses another much-needed shot in the arm. With new parking bays shoppers can now leave their vehicles
BALDOCK with its massive multi-million pound street enhancement scheme now completed will benefit from The Comet's campaign to give its town centre businesses another much-needed shot in the arm.
With new parking bays shoppers can now leave their vehicles for up to two hours while they browse around the great variety of shops.
But with The Comet's Buy Local campaign taking off, town centre manager Nigel Cooke (pictured right) is keeping his fingers crossed it will be another boost for traders who have suffered during the recession and while enhancement scheme building work was carried out.
Mr Cooke this week put his full weight behind The Comet campaign to Buy Local and is urging residents to also fully support the initiative in an attempt to boost trade.
You may also want to watch:
"Buy Local, it does what it says on the tin!
And both the Baldock Town Partnership and myself are pleased to support any initiative that would encourage people to use their local shops. Let's face it the heart of any town is its retail centre," said Mr Cooke.
- 1 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 2 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 8 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
"Like many town centres, Baldock has seen a change in the retail outlets within the town, but those currently trading are offering quality service and professional advice, enabling them to compete with many of the larger outlets.
Baldock also has a number of specialist retailers, which helps to attract customers from further afield.
"And best of all we have a newly enhanced town centre, making Baldock a pleasant place to shop and, yes, we have parking spaces too.
"We have an initiative within the Baldock Town Partnership, headed up by myself, to encourage local retailers to identify what they can offer collectively to the local residents and business shoppers to help encourage the local economy and to increase the number and variety of retailers within the town centre.
"So Buy Local, Baldock is your town, use it and enjoy it.