Drivers should hang up their mobiles
I would like to think that this letter would be read my many motorists, in and around Hitchin, and the rest of our county, though preferably not as they drive! That would leave many with no hand to hold the wheel, as many still drive with an elbow on the
I would like to think that this letter would be read my many motorists, in and around Hitchin, and the rest of our county, though preferably not as they drive!
That would leave many with no hand to hold the wheel, as many still drive with an elbow on the window ledge, whilst yakking on a mobile!
I decided to park in a layby for five minutes and counted 18 drivers on mobiles, the majority of them also doing well over the 30 mile speed limit!
The drivers who attempt to keep to the speed limit find themselves being passed, hooted at or tail-ended by irate speeding drivers, who obviously do not understand road signs. They can be any age, any colour, in any size vehicle, but all bent on one aim, to speed.
You may also want to watch:
I have, on motorways, had to keep behind lorries going at 70mph, got held behind lorries in the outside lane, doing more than that trying to pass one another.
On roundabouts you take your life in your hands, people are determined to come out of roads as you are going round, cutting across the front of other cars, not wanting to waste a second. Strangely you often catch them up at traffic lights.
- 1 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 4 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 5 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 6 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 7 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 8 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 9 Girl reportedly touched by man while walking home from school
- 10 Parents' tribute to caring community as they continue push for new specialist facilities
Do driving schools not teach courtesy whilst giving their very expensive lessons?
Courtesy to other cars, pedestrians and cyclists - are they not taught to wait to pass cyclists, until oncoming cars have passed?
I have continuously driven for 55 years, and am becoming very ashamed of the very poor quality of driving of very many people who speed, often cause accidents, and sadly kill others, not themselves.
A DISGUSTED DRIVER