Driven mad by a go-slow caravanner
HAVING previously had a pop about people driving too fast on the A507 it may surprise some of you to learn I actually found myself getting annoyed with someone for going too slowly the other day. I was heading off to Newport in Essex for a course and mak
HAVING previously had a pop about people driving too fast on the A507 it may surprise some of you to learn I actually found myself getting annoyed with someone for going too slowly the other day.
I was heading off to Newport in Essex for a course and making my way along that incredibly windy stretch of road between Baldock and the A10, with a bit of an eye on the time as I wasn't sure how long it would take me.
I had absolutely no intention of going over the speed limit, but would quite have liked to reach it, where it was safe to do so.
A man towing a caravan, however, had other ideas. We crawled along - understandably from his point of view, I guess, because you can hardly do a Michael Schumacher pulling a big thing like that. But really - my guess is he was either retired or on holiday - surely he could have waited until after the rush hour?
You may also want to watch:
It's not exactly the world's greatest problem, I grant you, but driving in this country is unpleasant enough without having your progress thwarted by a mobile home going at a snail's pace. If you really don't need to drive at peak times, maybe you - and your caravan - should stay at home.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation