Dog is not vicious
Re story Dog attacked Comet January 25. To say This is a vicious dog and something has got to be done to get rid of it and it is only a matter of time before this dog attacks a child or adult is wrong. One lady said she had to kick the dog off of he
Re story 'Dog attacked' Comet January 25. To say "This is a vicious dog and something has got to be done to get rid of it" and "it is only a matter of time before this dog attacks a child or adult" is wrong.
One lady said she had to kick the dog off of her dog. If she was a vicious dog towards humans then surely being kicked by someone should have provoked the dog into attacking the lady.
I know the dog in question and in her defence she is very gentle and placid with both children and adults alike. It is the owner's responsibility to take control and muzzle the dog when appropriate.
There seems to be a real stigma attached to a dog wearing a muzzle. People seem to think when they see a muzzled dog in the street that it must be a vicious dog - I see a responsible owner. For whatever reason or how remote the chance it might be that they would attack another dog it is the best thing to do, if you know your dog has any aggressive tendencies.
You may also want to watch:
NAME AND ADDRESS WITHHELD
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 8 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 9 Bedfordshire schools mark move to two-tier system
- 10 Herts Cladiators take part in London rally against 'terrible injustice'