Dog is not vicious
Re story Dog attacked Comet January 25. To say This is a vicious dog and something has got to be done to get rid of it and it is only a matter of time before this dog attacks a child or adult is wrong. One lady said she had to kick the dog off of he
Re story 'Dog attacked' Comet January 25. To say "This is a vicious dog and something has got to be done to get rid of it" and "it is only a matter of time before this dog attacks a child or adult" is wrong.
One lady said she had to kick the dog off of her dog. If she was a vicious dog towards humans then surely being kicked by someone should have provoked the dog into attacking the lady.
I know the dog in question and in her defence she is very gentle and placid with both children and adults alike. It is the owner's responsibility to take control and muzzle the dog when appropriate.
There seems to be a real stigma attached to a dog wearing a muzzle. People seem to think when they see a muzzled dog in the street that it must be a vicious dog - I see a responsible owner. For whatever reason or how remote the chance it might be that they would attack another dog it is the best thing to do, if you know your dog has any aggressive tendencies.
You may also want to watch:
NAME AND ADDRESS WITHHELD
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation