Dissolve town council
Well! Well! I see that at long last there are more and more people asking why we have this Letchworth Town Council who seem to want to charge us more and more as time goes on, and for what? How do we get rid of this council which people do not want? I as
Well! Well! I see that at long last there are more and more people asking why we have this Letchworth Town Council who seem to want to charge us more and more as time goes on, and for what?
How do we get rid of this council which people do not want? I ask again, why do I have to pay for this council when I did not vote for them nor have a chance to say no?
There must be someone out there who knows how to disband this Letchworth Town Council. (Do us all a favour. Go home and leave us and our wallets alone). Most of us did not ask for you, do not need you, and do not want you!
D SAUNDERS, Letchworth Garden City
* I notice once again, through your column that the people of Letchworth are up in arms against the Town Council.
It is a pity that these people did not read my letter to you published on August 16, 2007 in which my concluding paragraph was: "If anyone can find a way of legally getting rid of this band of do-gooders (Letchworth Town Council), I will assist and cheer as it will make history in Letchworth for the first time since its introduction that the council tax will have gone down".
- 1 Have your say on TK Maxx plans to move store out of town centre
- 2 Driver arrested as Audi crashes into parked vehicles in Hitchin
- 3 Sex offender avoids jail 'by skin of his teeth' after Hitchin assault
- 4 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 6 Stevenage's own Lewis Hamilton grabs third in British GP
- 7 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 8 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 9 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 10 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
The Town Council was brought into existence with a very small petition to the then deputy Prime Minister's office. Surely we can dispense with this council with something just as simple?
I am now calling on anyone who has any legal training in local government law to give us a way of dissolving this organisation.
DEREK WILLIAMS, Abbotts Road, Letchworth Garden City