Development in Baldock
I live in London but spend many weekends with friends in Baldock town and often we walk to the land by the school on Clothall Common to enjoy the atmosphere it provides. As an outsider looking in, there are things I cannot understand. I have seen a long l
I live in London but spend many weekends with friends in Baldock town and often we walk to the land by the school on Clothall Common to enjoy the atmosphere it provides.
As an outsider looking in, there are things I cannot understand. I have seen a long list of roads created where the council has sold property to developers. So many developments to me means the council has made many millions from Baldock.
The village green application has been around for at least three years to my knowledge. I remember signing a petition supporting it. So why has the council not budgeted for the loss of the value of this piece of land. It is a case of counting your eggs before they are hatched, or maybe the Council is trying to make the village green supporters and Baldock people in general feel guilty for standing up to get some facilities for their own town.
I have been to Letchworth and Hitchin and do agree that Baldock is the poor relation, which seems unfair. Why should the people of Baldock struggle and fight for investment now, when it is clear that Baldock lacks many facilities which can be seen elsewhere in neighbouring towns, which the people of Baldock have helped provide.
You may also want to watch:
N LOUIS DE CANONVILLE, Elm Park Gardens, London
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 5 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema