Development in Baldock
I live in London but spend many weekends with friends in Baldock town and often we walk to the land by the school on Clothall Common to enjoy the atmosphere it provides. As an outsider looking in, there are things I cannot understand. I have seen a long l
I live in London but spend many weekends with friends in Baldock town and often we walk to the land by the school on Clothall Common to enjoy the atmosphere it provides.
As an outsider looking in, there are things I cannot understand. I have seen a long list of roads created where the council has sold property to developers. So many developments to me means the council has made many millions from Baldock.
The village green application has been around for at least three years to my knowledge. I remember signing a petition supporting it. So why has the council not budgeted for the loss of the value of this piece of land. It is a case of counting your eggs before they are hatched, or maybe the Council is trying to make the village green supporters and Baldock people in general feel guilty for standing up to get some facilities for their own town.
I have been to Letchworth and Hitchin and do agree that Baldock is the poor relation, which seems unfair. Why should the people of Baldock struggle and fight for investment now, when it is clear that Baldock lacks many facilities which can be seen elsewhere in neighbouring towns, which the people of Baldock have helped provide.
You may also want to watch:
N LOUIS DE CANONVILLE, Elm Park Gardens, London
- 1 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 2 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 3 Historic family jewellers scoops up industry awards
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 6 Letchworth hub will get to the 'heart of community'
- 7 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 8 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says county council
- 9 Teaching assistant celebrates 50 years of working at school
- 10 Sacrifices made as Stevenage defiantly answer their critics at Harrogate Town