Death trap junction is a farce
SIR - Following the article in last week s Comet headlined New Plan for Death Trap , I again write about the junction as you leave the A1(M) at Letchworth Gate. It was last October I wrote a letter which was published in The Comet and suggested all that
SIR - Following the article in last week's Comet headlined New Plan for 'Death Trap', I again write about the junction as you leave the A1(M) at Letchworth Gate.
It was last October I wrote a letter which was published in The Comet and suggested all that was required was a 'no left turn' sign on the traffic lights that control traffic to Baldock, the cost would be minimal and since then there have been countless accidents. Only last week when I was waiting at the traffic lights from Baldock towards Letchworth I counted four out of six vehicles turning left from the Baldock bound lane.
It is not illegal to turn left and now it would seem more are doing this so they do not have to crane their necks by doing this manoeuvre but as a result it makes it even more dangerous to get out of the Letchworth bound junction.
Herts Highways have laid a red anti-skid area to guide drivers to more of an acute angle and quite frankly they have lost the plot.
You may also want to watch:
Get the no left-turn sign onto the traffic lights to Baldock and you will solve the problem of cars cutting across the junction and if they do it will then be against the law. The problem of getting out of the junction to Letchworth continues but at least it will be safer. Come on councillors get your act together, I can guarantee if you don't more accidents will happen and we do not want last week's headline to be fact.
- 1 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 4 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 5 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 6 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 7 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 8 Weather warning for rain on the horizon after scorching heatwave
- 9 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
Letchworth Garden City