Cycling’s all the rage as talented North Herts College students show off fashion designs aimed at trendsetters on two wheels
- Credit: Archant
Talented young fashion design students from North Herts College showcased a new women’s cyclewear collection at a fashion show held at the Hatfield Galleria.
The Cycling Has Never Looked So Good show was organised by Herts County Council to inspire more women and girls into leisure cycling as part of the county’s Summer of Cycling programme, and also involved students from Oaklands College.
In the audience were civic dignitaries as well as more than 300 shoppers, friends and family.
County Hall’s cabinet member for public health Councillor Teresa Heritage was on hand to present certificates to winners Adelane Cook from North Herts College and Charlotte Rojewska.
Councillor Heritage said: “What a fantastic show - their creative flair shone through in the designs they created for female cyclists.
You may also want to watch:
“We all know the health benefits that exercise can bring, but we specifically want to encourage more families and individuals to take to the dedicated cycle trails of Hertfordshire and this fashion show has helped to shine a spotlight on leisure cycling for families.”
School Travel Plan adviser Lindsey Day, who co-ordinated the show, added: “Our special thanks to The Galleria, the colleges, our sponsors, suppliers and VIPs who helped to make the fashion show a great success.
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 3 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 4 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 5 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 8 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth
“The students put a phenomenal amount of effort into creating some outstanding cycling fashion designs and accessories that wowed the crowds. The feedback we had from the audience and exhibitors has been very positive.”
For a selection of free downloadable maps across the county (24 in total) visit www.hertscycling.com and click on ‘Cycling Route and Maps’.