Crater caused car damage
SIR - In reply to Damion Roberts The Last Word , I certainly do agree about the crater on Walsworth Road. Going over it last month caused the suspension coil on my car to crack. Getting this repaired cost me £187. I have been in correspondence with the
SIR - In reply to Damion Roberts 'The Last Word', I certainly do agree about the 'crater' on Walsworth Road.
Going over it last month caused the suspension coil on my car to crack. Getting this repaired cost me £187. I have been in correspondence with the county council highways department and they have said it is the responsibility of the housing development company.
I am now pursuing them with my claim. I'm sure I cannot be the only person to have had my car damaged as a result of driving over this 'crater'. I am now very cautious if I have to drive along this road and cannot believe it is still there nearly six weeks on or that the Highways department can pass on their responsibilty in this way. I wonder who the housing development company will blame?
NAME AND ADDRESS
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 8 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 9 Bedfordshire schools mark move to two-tier system
- 10 Arrest made after man in his 40s dies in A505 crash tragedy