Congestion on A1 (M) around junction 7 at Stevenage on Friday morning
Friday morning brought problems for motorists on the A1 (M) with heavy traffic around junction 7 southbound at the junction with the A602 in Stevenage. Further south there was also slow moving traffic reported between junction 4 and 3 southbound either si
Friday morning brought problems for motorists on the A1 (M) with heavy traffic around junction 7 southbound at the junction with the A602 in Stevenage.
Further south there was also slow moving traffic reported between junction 4 and 3 southbound either side of the Hatfield Tunnel through the roadworks area where there is a 40mph speed limit.
On the A1 Barnet By-Pass there is queuing traffic all the way back to Borehamwood southbound.
There are major problems on the M1 owing to a multi-vehicle accident southbound between junction 10 the Luton Airport Spur Road and junction 9 at Redbourn and there is congestion all the way back to junction 11 at Dunstable.
On the M25 there are delays around junction 23 with the A1 (M) because of an earlier broken down vehicle.
Also on the M25 expect delays between junction 16 with the M40 and junction 18 Chorley Wood through the roadworks area where there is a 50 mph speed limit.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 3 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 4 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 5 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 6 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 7 Letchworth Outdoor Pool suffers two break-ins ahead of opening
- 8 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 9 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 10 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
On the M11 there could be delays between junction 8 with Stansted Airport and junction 9 Saffron Walden because of major roadworks.
Other problem areas this morning in St Albans are on the A1081 London Road; the A5183 Holywell Hill; the A4147 Catherine Street and Hatfield Road, with slow traffic reported as well as the A10 in Cheshunt between the A1170 Great Cambridge Road and Enfield.