I have witnessed another example of where the majority of today s public would rather pass by on the other side than help. The incident I refer to occurred while I was travelling along St. Michael s Road in Hitchin on Wednesday, March 8 at 6:20pm. Two con
I have witnessed another example of where the majority of today's public would rather pass by on the other side than help.
The incident I refer to occurred while I was travelling along St. Michael's Road in Hitchin on Wednesday, March 8 at 6:20pm. Two cones had been placed across the road, resulting in motorists being forced to treat them like a chicane. This obviously slowed up the traffic and had a potential to cause an accident. However, why did no-one think to stop and move the cones?
I pulled in safely beyond the cones but as I waited to get to them, motorists were still continuing to dodge around them. What is wrong with people? When I moved them I saw that teenagers (male and female) were in the underpass watching. It was obvious after challenging them over the incident that they were responsible. Some may say it is a juvenile prank but when they are hanging around waiting to see an accident happen, then it is much more than that. The police were duly informed.
Parents of Hitchin please note. The ringleader had close cropped light coloured hair, aged about 15. He and his mates were all on their bikes. If you think you may know any of them then have a quiet word before they end up in serious trouble.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 2 Drugs, weapons and cash recovered as man arrested in Beds village
- 3 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 4 Do you recognise these people?
- 5 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 6 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 9 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?