Competition: Win tickets to Knebworth Red Hot Chili Peppers concert
One of the world’s biggest bands and a stellar support list will be at Knebworth this month and if you want to be there with a friend for free, the Comet has got a pair of tickets worth �100 up for grabs.
The Red Hot Chili Peppers will be bringing their mighty back catalogue of hits and storming live show to a massive crowd at Knebworth Park on Saturday June 23.
With their tenth studio album I’m With You released earlier this year and a sold-out arena tour last year, the Californian quartet return to Britain to play two massive outdoor gigs at Knebworth and Sunderland’s Stadium of Light – their only two UK dates this year.
When the ever-recognisable band appear at Knebworth, they will follow in the footsteps of Led Zep, Queen and Oasis – at what is expected to be another huge concert success.
Supporting the Chilis is a genre-busting line-up including UK grime superstar Dizzee Rascal, The Wombats and Reverend And The Makers.
Dizzee will have the place going nuts to monster hits Bonkers, Holiday and Dance Wiv Me. And the slow-burning Liverpudlian indie-pop trio The Wombats return from a month-long US tour to treat the Knebworth crowd to their new album This Modern Glitch and hits Moving To New York and Let’s Dance to Joy Division.
Wombat drummer Dan Haggis said it is a real treat for the band to play with the Chilis. “When we were growing up (lead singer) Tord was a massive fan. I was as well, listening to the Blood Sugar Sex Magik album and then Califorinication trying to learn how to play Scar Tissue.”
- 1 Have your say on plans to redevelop The Forum in Stevenage
- 2 Multiple homes burgled in Letchworth
- 3 Letchworth pond tested and fish removed after animals found dead
- 4 Molly-Mae Hague announces pregnancy in adorable Instagram video
- 5 Stevenage Railway Station: Normal train service resumes after major repairs
- 6 Baby Asian elephant calf named 'Queen' at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo
- 7 Chocolates sold at Tesco stores recalled after health risk discovered
- 8 100 Herts police officers to carry nasal spray to prevent drug deaths
- 9 Standalone 10k keeps getting better and better says race boss
- 10 All the Thameslink routes which will run during the early October strike
Reverend And The Makers make up the party. Best known for 2007 top 10 hit Heavyweight Champion of the World, the Sheffield indie-cum-electro group has supported Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds on his recent arena tour and released infectious new single The Wrestler. Three days before the Knebworth gig, their third album, @reverend_makers is released.
For your chance to be there with your special guest tell us the name of the Red Hot Chili Pepper’s tenth studio album:
A. I’m With You
B. Ill Communication
C. There’s A Riot Going On
Text TC RHCP followed by your answer (A, B or C) and your name and postcode to 80058.
Texts cost �1, plus your standard network rate. Competition closes on Sunday, June 17 at 11.59pm.
Usual promotion rules apply – visit www.thecomet24.co.uk. Customer services 0207 6335020.
For tickets and more information, visit kililive.com/rhcp