COMPETITION: Win passes worth £105 each for Cambridge Rock Festival
- Credit: Archant
Organisers gearing up for an annual rock festival have teamed up with the Comet to offer tickets worth more than £1,000.
Cambridge Rock Festival will be giving away five pairs of tickets – each worth £105 – to readers who will have passes for the entire event, which runs from August 7-10 and sees more than 100 acts perform.
This year’s festival – the 11th since it first launched as Rockinbeerfest – sees former Reading Festival headliners Wishbone Ash make a return and they’re joined by FM, touring their 30th anniversary show.
One of rock’s true supergroups, Snakecharmer, formed around the original Whitesnake nucleus, headline on Friday featuring Micky Moody and Neil Murray. Joining the pair are Laurie Wisefield (also ex-Wishbone Ash), Harry James (Thunder, Magnum), Adam Wakeman (Ozzy Osbourne, Black Sabbath, Strawbs) and Chris Ousey (Heartland) who is on vocals.
Opening the event on Thursday are four tribute acts – Ultimate Eagles, Fleetwood Bac, Who’s Next and Pure Floyd – while blues is well represented by the Larry Miller Band and Chantel McGregor on Friday, plus a dedicated alternative stage on Saturday and Sunday.
On Friday the alternative stage will be run by the UK’s Classic Rock Society, long-term partners of the festival.
Saturday sees up-and-coming hard rock act Pearl Handled Revolver from Bedford make a return, with Leon Hendrix – Jimi’s younger brother – also playing classic Hendrix music with a band of top musicians.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 8 Symonds Green development raises the number of social homes in Stevenage
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
Progressive rock giants Mostly Autumn make their record 10th appearance as the show comes to close on Sunday, with Mr So & So and Credo, and Norwegian metal band Jorn Lande also taking to the stage.
The festival is also promoting talented acts from across the region, including this year’s winners of the Cambridge Band Competition 4th Labyrinth who hail from Ely/Cambridge, and Newmarket/Cambridge-based Split Whiskers – who will be playing their brand of Chicago blues-based rock at the festival for the eight time.
For full line-up details, as well as ticket and camping prices visit www.cambridgerockfestival.co.uk
To be in with chance of winning a pair of tickets to the four-day festival, just answer this question:
With which former band are Snakecharmer members Micky Moody and Neil Murray most associated?
Text TC CAMBRIDGE followed by your answer (A, B or C), name and postcode to 80058.
Texts cost £1, plus your standard network rate. The competition closes on Thursday, July 17, at midday.
Those entering agree for their details to be provided to the promotor RBF Festivals Ltd in relation to this and any future events they run.
Winners will be notified with tickets to be collected from the site box office.
Optional camping is available at the site subject to a small fee – not included in the free passes.
Usual newspaper promotion rules apply – visit www.thecomet24.co.uk or call customer services on 0844 3572403.