Competition: Win a festive steam train trip worth �400
IF you love the wonderful world of steam and would like to win a trip on a Christmas steam service then this competition is for you.
Watch out for No. 60007 Sir Nigel Gresley as this magnificent steam locomotive pays Stevenage another visit this December.
The 1930’s built former LNER A4 Pacific, classmate of famous record breaker Mallard, will be hauling a special service to Lincoln’s Christmas fair on Saturday, December 8, and you could be on board.
Comet readers have a chance to join The Lindum Fayre by entering our steam competition below to win a pair of premier dining tickets, with a full English breakfast and a four course dinner included.
Heritage rail tour operator The Railway Touring Company has organised the day steam excursion, departing from King’s Cross, Potters Bar and Stevenage and heading for the ancient hilltop city of Lincoln, which will be alive with its festive annual Lindum Fayre.
You may also want to watch:
No. 60007 Sir Nigel Gresley, sporting its striking blue livery, will haul the vintage carriages of The Lindum Fayre service northwards through rural Lincolnshire. On arriving in Lincoln there will be around four hours to explore the city, its cathedral, castle and the Christmas fair which will occupy its medieval streets.
With around 350 stalls selling everything from crafts and books to locally produced cheeses, meats and seasonal foods, traders in period costume, music and more, the Lindum Fayre is one of the largest events of its kind in Europe.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 3 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 8 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
The Railway Touring Company provides a choice of standard, first or premier dining travel options on board the vintage carriages of The Lindum Fayre.
First includes morning coffee with a Danish pastry and afternoon tea with a selection of finger sandwiches, scones, jam and cream. For details of premier dining see our competition prize!
For more information about The Lindum Fayre steam day trip contact The Railway Touring Company on Tel: 01553 661500 or visit: www.railwaytouring.co.uk
For your chance to win a pair of premier dining tickets on board The Lindum Fayre from Stevenage on Saturday, December 8, worth �398 and including a full English breakfast and four course dinner silver served to you at your seats on board, please answer the following question:
Which locomotive set the record for steam traction 75 years ago next year?
A – Orient Express
B – Mallard
C – Thomas the Tank Engine
Text TC STEAM followed by your answer (A, B or C), and your name and postcode to 80058.
Texts cost �1, plus your standard network rate. Competition closes on Tuesday, October 23 at noon.
Usual promotion rules apply – visit www.thecomet24.co.uk. Customer services 0207 6335020.
The Railway Touring Company’s conditions of booking and travel apply.