Competition: Win a dinner date for four people
WIN dinner with wine for four people at Mercure Letchworth Hall Hotel.
Two runners-up will each win a voucher for a bottle of house wine.
The unmistakable atmosphere of a grand country estate surrounds the four-star Mercure Letchworth Hall Hotel. The property was refurbished and re-launched in November 2009 and has restored and retained many of the Jacobean features of the quintessential “Olde English” manor house, dating from 1625, at the heart of the estate.
The quality theme is carried forward in the light and airy restaurant ‘Lyttons’ - named after the hall’s first owner, Sir Rowland Lytton, lord of the manor of Knebworth and MP for Hertfordshire during the reign of James I.
Current menu specialities among the starters include smoked seafood trio, Scottish salmon, prawns and halibut, grilled aubergines, and tiger prawns. Main courses can feature butter-roasted trout, Wobbly Bottom local goats cheese and marinated vegetable tart, or monkfish and salmon chowder with baby spinach.
You may also want to watch:
Rich chocolate steamed pudding with sweet mascarpone and chocolate syrup; Lytton’s strawberry mess with Chantilly cream, fresh berries, or lemon and ginger cheesecake with whisky-soaked sultanas are just some of the choices for dessert.
For a more informal occasion or a lighter bite the bar and Great Hall make a lovely setting for a chat and a snack.
- 1 Missing veteran John Dick found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 2 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 3 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Custodial sentence 'sends strong message' to those carrying knives
- 6 Arrests made after assault leaves victim with lacerations to the head
- 7 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 8 One-of-a-kind children's book shop opening in town centre
- 9 Hitchin Beer and Cider Festival in pictures
- 10 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
For your chance to win dinner for four people and a bottle of wine at Lytton’s Restaurant just answer the following question:
What is the name of the dining room at Letchworth Hall?
Text TC MEAL followed by your answer (A, B or C), and your name and postcode to 80058.
Texts cost �1, plus your standard network rate. Competition closes on Tuesday, December 18 at noon.
Usual promotion rules apply – visit www.thecomet24.co.uk Customer services 0207 6335020.
Two runners up will also receive a voucher for a bottle of wine to use at Letchworth Hall.
Some dates may be excluded and advance booking is essential by calling 01462 683747.