Competition: Win a dinner date for four people
WIN dinner with wine for four people at Mercure Letchworth Hall Hotel.
Two runners-up will each win a voucher for a bottle of house wine.
The unmistakable atmosphere of a grand country estate surrounds the four-star Mercure Letchworth Hall Hotel. The property was refurbished and re-launched in November 2009 and has restored and retained many of the Jacobean features of the quintessential “Olde English” manor house, dating from 1625, at the heart of the estate.
The quality theme is carried forward in the light and airy restaurant ‘Lyttons’ - named after the hall’s first owner, Sir Rowland Lytton, lord of the manor of Knebworth and MP for Hertfordshire during the reign of James I.
Current menu specialities among the starters include smoked seafood trio, Scottish salmon, prawns and halibut, grilled aubergines, and tiger prawns. Main courses can feature butter-roasted trout, Wobbly Bottom local goats cheese and marinated vegetable tart, or monkfish and salmon chowder with baby spinach.
You may also want to watch:
Rich chocolate steamed pudding with sweet mascarpone and chocolate syrup; Lytton’s strawberry mess with Chantilly cream, fresh berries, or lemon and ginger cheesecake with whisky-soaked sultanas are just some of the choices for dessert.
For a more informal occasion or a lighter bite the bar and Great Hall make a lovely setting for a chat and a snack.
- 1 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 2 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 8 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
For your chance to win dinner for four people and a bottle of wine at Lytton’s Restaurant just answer the following question:
What is the name of the dining room at Letchworth Hall?
Text TC MEAL followed by your answer (A, B or C), and your name and postcode to 80058.
Texts cost �1, plus your standard network rate. Competition closes on Tuesday, December 18 at noon.
Usual promotion rules apply – visit www.thecomet24.co.uk Customer services 0207 6335020.
Two runners up will also receive a voucher for a bottle of wine to use at Letchworth Hall.
Some dates may be excluded and advance booking is essential by calling 01462 683747.