Competition: Win a cupcake masterclass
A DELICIOUS themed cake is a great way to make an impression, wow your guests and add to the fun of your event.
But not everyone has the skill and keen eye to pull off one of these materpieces.
Those days might be over, however, as we have teamed up with Totally Scrumptious to offer four places in the Halloween Cupcake class on Saturday October 27, 9.30-12.30pm as prizes.
Meghan Brown at Totally Scrumptious can, and will, design a masterpiece just for you. Her creative energy takes your ideas and inspirations and turns them into tasty creations that will have cameras and phones working overtime.
Engagement parties, weddings, civil partnership celebrations, corporate events, Christenings, Holy Communion or birthday parties – there is nothing that Meghan and Totally Scrumptious cannot turn into the bespoke cake of your dreams. All Meghan’s cakes taste yummy, look stunning, and attract compliments, turning your special occasion into a memorable and fun event which will be well remembered by everyone.
You may also want to watch:
Totally Scrumptious has moved its base to Hertfordshire and Meghan is offering some great workshops. Mums, aunties, grannies - and even daddies and uncles - can learn how to create fabulous themed parties for youngsters and oldies in the family. Farmyard Fun, flowers, Halloween, St Valentine’s and Christmas are the usual designs covered but you are encouraged to spice up your designs even further with your own quirky ideas.
There are classes for adults as well as children and after-school cupcake clubs. Please contact Meghan if your school would like to hold an after-school club.
- 1 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 2 Body found in search for missing woman
- 3 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 4 Government curbs council's powers to block new homes
- 5 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 6 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 7 See inside this beautiful Edwardian property fit for a multi-millionaire
- 8 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 9 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 Historic school to close at end of academic year
Totally Scrumptious will be happy to accommodate any groups of your choice including hen parties and school or family reunions.
The workshops include:
• Twelve cupcakes each to decorate during the course and to carry home in a cupcake box
• Use of all sugar-paste, frosting and all cutters and equipment needed
• Learning how to cover a cupcake with sugar-paste and to pipe it with frosting
• A recipe and helpful tips sheet to keep
• Refreshments will be available throughout the workshop
As Halloween approaches, Totally Scrumptious have decided to Trick or Treat with a spooky workshop for all ages.
The Trick is to learn how to decorate 12 cupcakes in ghostly designs to scare your family with your tremendous abilities.
You will make ghosts, witches hats and brooms, black cats, pumpkins, mummies and spiders, as well as learning how to pipe with frosting, and how to achieve a flat top to your cup cakes using a sugar paste technique. The Treat, of course, is to devour those cup cakes with frightening speed.
For more information or to view all the class details please check the Totally Scrumptious website www.totallyscrumptious.net
Alternatively contact Meghan on 07973 442262 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place.
To win a place at this top workshop simply answer the following question:
What date is Halloween?
A – October 31
B – November 31
C – December 31
Text TC CUPCAKE followed by your answer (A, B or C), and your name and potcode to 80058.
Texts cost �1, plus your standard network rate. Competition closes on Tuesday, October 2 at midday.
Usual promotion rules apply – visit www.thecomet24.co.uk – Customer services 0207 6335020.