Compensation floodgates open
I would just like to say how surprised I was to see half a page dedicated to the Muslim author and how he thinks it was not right for Jack Straw to make his comments about the veil. What a surprise!! I think the general public are sick to the teeth hearin
I would just like to say how surprised I was to see half a page dedicated to the Muslim author and how he thinks it was not right for Jack Straw to make his comments about the veil. What a surprise!!
I think the general public are sick to the teeth hearing about how the Muslim community disagree with
Mr. Straw. A recent survey showed 93 per cent of Britons agree with him.
This brings me on to my next subject, the teacher who was dismissed and quite rightly upheld by the employment tribunal, for refusing to remove her veil while teaching. But what I find disgusting is the fact she was awarded £1,100 for hurt feelings? What hurt feelings?
You may also want to watch:
There are people out there who have been mugged at knifepoint, assaulted for no reason and a lot worse, but do they get money for hurt feelings? Do pensioners get compensation when they are insulted by yobs? I do not think so.
Then why do the Government seem to have money to burn as in this case when clearly the woman did not deserve a penny, and the payment was to try to smooth her over. Well now maybe they have opened the floodgates for everyone who has hurt feelings.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?
Hurt feelings, what a load of codswallop, get over it.
ANDREW LAIRD, Cambridge Road, Hitchin