Center Parcs no was a mistake
I feel I must write to add my views to the ridiculous decision not to allow Center Parcs into Bedfordshire. Having visited Center Parcs several times we can only praise them for being environmentally friendly and offering families the chance to have a hol
I feel I must write to add my views to the ridiculous decision not to allow Center Parcs into Bedfordshire.
Having visited Center Parcs several times we can only praise them for being environmentally friendly and offering families the chance to have a holiday in the countryside whilst at the same time offering countless leisure facilities both inside and out.
In fact I believe that the Friends of the Earth were in favour of Center Parcs being allowed to establish themselves in Bedfordshire and in my experience Center Parcs have enhanced the countryside and environment in their existing Villages.
I am asking myself whether the esteemed councillor who cast the deciding vote has ever spent a few days in one of the existing Center Parcs to experience families enjoying the environment and countryside.
You may also want to watch:
It seems a complete travesty that such a major decision, affecting mid Beds with regard to jobs and revenue from tourism should be turned down by one vote. Surely this case should be re-opened and discussed on a much larger scale and I and my family sincerely hope that Center Parcs will not give up.
JANE SIMMONS, Hitchin
- 1 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 5 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 8 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 9 Bedfordshire schools mark move to two-tier system
- 10 Herts Cladiators take part in London rally against 'terrible injustice'