Caring for animals
SIR – The letter from Don last week shows how ignorant he is of animal welfare. He quotes the RSPCA We don t believe that wild animals should be subjected to the confinement, constant transportation and abnormal social groups associated with circus life
SIR - The letter from Don last week shows how ignorant he is of animal welfare. He quotes the RSPCA ''We don't believe that wild animals should be subjected to the confinement, constant transportation and abnormal social groups associated with circus life''. He then makes an enormous assumption that the RSPCA must have somehow approved Roberts circus and therefore it is OK. This is not the case.
Get real Don. The RSPCA do not make the law, just because they do not approve of something it does not give them the power to do anything about it. The RSPCA can do nothing to stop circuses, they can only act if the basic physical needs of animals are not being met, and even then it is not easy with only charitable contributions to keep them going and increasing animal cruelty. If only the RSPCA were able to pass their own laws, I wish!
Nobody is suggesting the elephant is put in a zoo. There have been offers from sanctuaries with other elephants. And why not put your name on your letters, do you not have the courage of your convictions?
- 1 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 2 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 3 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 4 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 5 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 8 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 9 Enter Shikari to play Club 85 gig in Hitchin as part of The National Lottery’s Revive Live Tour
- 10 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week