Caring for animals
SIR – The letter from Don last week shows how ignorant he is of animal welfare. He quotes the RSPCA We don t believe that wild animals should be subjected to the confinement, constant transportation and abnormal social groups associated with circus life
SIR - The letter from Don last week shows how ignorant he is of animal welfare. He quotes the RSPCA ''We don't believe that wild animals should be subjected to the confinement, constant transportation and abnormal social groups associated with circus life''. He then makes an enormous assumption that the RSPCA must have somehow approved Roberts circus and therefore it is OK. This is not the case.
Get real Don. The RSPCA do not make the law, just because they do not approve of something it does not give them the power to do anything about it. The RSPCA can do nothing to stop circuses, they can only act if the basic physical needs of animals are not being met, and even then it is not easy with only charitable contributions to keep them going and increasing animal cruelty. If only the RSPCA were able to pass their own laws, I wish!
Nobody is suggesting the elephant is put in a zoo. There have been offers from sanctuaries with other elephants. And why not put your name on your letters, do you not have the courage of your convictions?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Stevenage unveil Amazon's Prime Gaming as new sponsors on new kit
- 4 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 5 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 7 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 8 Tributes after Stevenage Forum co-founder dies
- 9 Girl reportedly touched by man while walking home from school
- 10 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer