Cardboard claim is rubbish
SIR – Another load of rubbish. I am afraid that I missed the Lib-Dem article on page 47 of The Comet on September 7 until a copy was passed to me yesterday, hence the delay in replying. As to the question of additional collection in summer, it has now bee
SIR - Another load of rubbish. I am afraid that I missed the Lib-Dem article on page 47 of The Comet on September 7 until a copy was passed to me yesterday, hence the delay in replying.
As to the question of additional collection in summer, it has now been formally referred to full council. I will not comment thereon until the meeting on September 28 when it will be discussed in detail.
However, I do feel that your readers should be told that this little aside in the fifth paragraph that "the Lib-Dem group....... is campaigning for
cardboard to be included" is pure rubbish.
As long ago as June 30, an advertisement was placed in all the local papers stating quite clearly that corrugated cardboard could now be accepted into the recycling system.
Claiming to be campaigning for something that has already been achieved is either incompetent or a cheap way to seek publicity which can later be blurred into "another Lib-Dem success".
- 1 Magpas Air Ambulance lands in Letchworth amid 'medical emergency'
- 2 Stevenage PE teacher's charity run after leg amputation
- 3 9 things to do on a day trip to Hitchin, Hertfordshire
- 4 Old Town Live organisers 'overwhelmed by response'
- 5 'Expect delays' during week-long gas works at Stevenage roundabout
- 6 Summer Sand pit opens in Stevenage
- 7 Man treated for broken jaw following Hitchin assault
- 8 Dog owner's grass seed warning after pet paralysed
- 9 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 10 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
Hopefully the electors will see through this political rubbish for what it is.
Independent Councillor for Sandy Pinnacle Ward and Portfolio Holder for Mid Beds Environmental Services