Call for Letchworth festival ideas
IDEAS are wanted for a major event in Comet country next summer.
Following the success of the 2010 Letchworth Festival, planning for the 2011 event is now under way.
And the organisers would like people with ideas to come along to an informal drop-in meeting next Tuesday, September 28, starting at 7pm in Mrs Howard Hall, Norton Way South. It will be on until 10pm.
Roger Harrison, spokesman for the festival steering committee, said: “We would like to hear from organisations and individuals who can put on an event: for any or all age groups and on any theme, for example music, walks, sport, lifestyle or drama. We will provide help with things like advertising, tickets or arranging insurance.
“Or come along and help the steering committee – everyone has a talent we can use, from assisting with the website to a winning way when handing out publicity leaflets, and everything in between!”
You may also want to watch:
If you can’t make it to the drop-in session but would like to take part in the festival, email email@example.com or leave your contact details at David’s Bookshop in Eastcheap, Letchworth GC.
Next year’s festival will run from June 11 to 26.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 8 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death