Call for Letchworth festival ideas
IDEAS are wanted for a major event in Comet country next summer.
Following the success of the 2010 Letchworth Festival, planning for the 2011 event is now under way.
And the organisers would like people with ideas to come along to an informal drop-in meeting next Tuesday, September 28, starting at 7pm in Mrs Howard Hall, Norton Way South. It will be on until 10pm.
Roger Harrison, spokesman for the festival steering committee, said: “We would like to hear from organisations and individuals who can put on an event: for any or all age groups and on any theme, for example music, walks, sport, lifestyle or drama. We will provide help with things like advertising, tickets or arranging insurance.
“Or come along and help the steering committee – everyone has a talent we can use, from assisting with the website to a winning way when handing out publicity leaflets, and everything in between!”
You may also want to watch:
If you can’t make it to the drop-in session but would like to take part in the festival, email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave your contact details at David’s Bookshop in Eastcheap, Letchworth GC.
Next year’s festival will run from June 11 to 26.
- 1 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 2 Body found in search for missing woman
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 6 See inside this beautiful Edwardian property fit for a multi-millionaire
- 7 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 8 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 9 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 10 I love it when a plan comes together: Alex Revell happy with Stevenage's resurgence