Call for Letchworth festival ideas
IDEAS are wanted for a major event in Comet country next summer.
Following the success of the 2010 Letchworth Festival, planning for the 2011 event is now under way.
And the organisers would like people with ideas to come along to an informal drop-in meeting next Tuesday, September 28, starting at 7pm in Mrs Howard Hall, Norton Way South. It will be on until 10pm.
Roger Harrison, spokesman for the festival steering committee, said: “We would like to hear from organisations and individuals who can put on an event: for any or all age groups and on any theme, for example music, walks, sport, lifestyle or drama. We will provide help with things like advertising, tickets or arranging insurance.
“Or come along and help the steering committee – everyone has a talent we can use, from assisting with the website to a winning way when handing out publicity leaflets, and everything in between!”
If you can’t make it to the drop-in session but would like to take part in the festival, email email@example.com or leave your contact details at David’s Bookshop in Eastcheap, Letchworth GC.
Next year’s festival will run from June 11 to 26.
- 1 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 2 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 5 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 8 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 9 Council backs master plan for further expansion of Luton Airport
- 10 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas