SIR - Many times I have read letters published in your newspaper complaining about our Stevenage bus service and how many of the bus drivers are rude and unhelpful to the public, so I thought I must write this letter of praise. My mother-in-law recently m
SIR - Many times I have read letters published in your newspaper complaining about our Stevenage bus service and how many of the bus drivers are rude and unhelpful to the public, so I thought I must write this letter of praise.
My mother-in-law recently mislaid her bus pass, thinking that she had lost it. When she next caught her local bus, she was prepared to pay her fare and told the driver that she had lost her pass. The driver recognised her and had handed the pass into the depot the week before, and having difficulty in getting herself to the depot to collect it, the driver took her there in the bus after he had finished his shift.
My mother-in-law retrieved her pass and was offered a coffee whilst she waited, after about 10 minutes, another driver took her to the bus station.
My mother-in-law and I would like to thank all those, for their kindness and the help they gave her. Three cheers for the Stevenage bus service and their drivers!!
You may also want to watch:
Mrs P EDWARDS
- 1 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 4 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 5 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 6 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 7 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 8 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 9 Girl reportedly touched by man while walking home from school
- 10 Parents' tribute to caring community as they continue push for new specialist facilities