Brother will be missed
SIR - Peter Bissell was my brother (Cycling champion dies on night out, Comet January 3). When he collapsed his friends called me as they couldn t get hold of mum, dad or his other sister Laura. My husband Sean and I rushed to the hospital and arrived bef
SIR - Peter Bissell was my brother (Cycling champion dies on night out, Comet January 3). When he collapsed his friends called me as they couldn't get hold of mum, dad or his other sister Laura. My husband Sean and I rushed to the hospital and arrived before the ambulance did, we never left his side as they tried to resuscitate him and after he had passed away, we found mum and dad and had to break the news about Peter.
It was the hardest night of both of our lives but we are both glad that we were with him to hold his hands during his last moments, we are so grateful to his friends for calling us.
Peter had spent a lot of time with Sean and I and helped us decorate our new flat, looking around our home is a constant reminder of the fun we had together there. We miss him every day and I don't think that will ever change, we love you Pete,
SEAN AND SARAH HENNESSY
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 5 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 8 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 9 Bedfordshire schools mark move to two-tier system
- 10 Herts Cladiators take part in London rally against 'terrible injustice'