Brother will be missed
SIR - Peter Bissell was my brother (Cycling champion dies on night out, Comet January 3). When he collapsed his friends called me as they couldn t get hold of mum, dad or his other sister Laura. My husband Sean and I rushed to the hospital and arrived bef
SIR - Peter Bissell was my brother (Cycling champion dies on night out, Comet January 3). When he collapsed his friends called me as they couldn't get hold of mum, dad or his other sister Laura. My husband Sean and I rushed to the hospital and arrived before the ambulance did, we never left his side as they tried to resuscitate him and after he had passed away, we found mum and dad and had to break the news about Peter.
It was the hardest night of both of our lives but we are both glad that we were with him to hold his hands during his last moments, we are so grateful to his friends for calling us.
Peter had spent a lot of time with Sean and I and helped us decorate our new flat, looking around our home is a constant reminder of the fun we had together there. We miss him every day and I don't think that will ever change, we love you Pete,
SEAN AND SARAH HENNESSY
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 2 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 4 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 7 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602