Brother will be missed
SIR - Peter Bissell was my brother (Cycling champion dies on night out, Comet January 3). When he collapsed his friends called me as they couldn t get hold of mum, dad or his other sister Laura. My husband Sean and I rushed to the hospital and arrived bef
SIR - Peter Bissell was my brother (Cycling champion dies on night out, Comet January 3). When he collapsed his friends called me as they couldn't get hold of mum, dad or his other sister Laura. My husband Sean and I rushed to the hospital and arrived before the ambulance did, we never left his side as they tried to resuscitate him and after he had passed away, we found mum and dad and had to break the news about Peter.
It was the hardest night of both of our lives but we are both glad that we were with him to hold his hands during his last moments, we are so grateful to his friends for calling us.
Peter had spent a lot of time with Sean and I and helped us decorate our new flat, looking around our home is a constant reminder of the fun we had together there. We miss him every day and I don't think that will ever change, we love you Pete,
SEAN AND SARAH HENNESSY
- 1 Council to build new car park to improve entrance into town
- 2 ATM stolen during ram raid at Baldock store
- 3 Stevenage siblings launch funeral fundraiser following Covid death of mum at 47
- 4 Schoolgirl inappropriately touched while walking home
- 5 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 6 10-year-old Ayana makes 'phenomenal' stage debut in The Lion King
- 7 Hitchin Forum: Westward Ho! Stevenage first, North Herts next!
- 8 Latest on Stevenage Marks & Spencer store opening
- 9 MP insists no one in Mid Beds is angry with the PM over partygate
- 10 Stroke survivor encourages others to 'make one small change'