SIR - R Burwash and J Franks have written in successive weeks about the appearance of the entrance and exit to Hitchin via the Cambridge Road railway bridge. The latter asks what are councillors doing about it, and I write as the county councillor for the
SIR - R Burwash and J Franks have written in successive weeks about the appearance of the entrance and exit to Hitchin via the Cambridge Road railway bridge.
The latter asks what are councillors doing about it, and I write as the county councillor for the areas on both sides of the bridge. I totally agree about the importance of the entrance to our town, and about the current ugly appearance of the bridge and the surrounding earth banks. After the first letter, I wrote to the chief executive of North Herts District Council asking for action in bringing these issues up with First Capital Connect and Network Rail. He has agreed to do that.
J Franks also comments on commuter parking in Meadowbank. Just after the recent elections, I asked the council to consider a scheme to deal with commuter parking in Common Rise, where many residents raised with me this problem. I will certainly now include Meadowbank in that request.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin