SIR - R Burwash and J Franks have written in successive weeks about the appearance of the entrance and exit to Hitchin via the Cambridge Road railway bridge. The latter asks what are councillors doing about it, and I write as the county councillor for the
SIR - R Burwash and J Franks have written in successive weeks about the appearance of the entrance and exit to Hitchin via the Cambridge Road railway bridge.
The latter asks what are councillors doing about it, and I write as the county councillor for the areas on both sides of the bridge. I totally agree about the importance of the entrance to our town, and about the current ugly appearance of the bridge and the surrounding earth banks. After the first letter, I wrote to the chief executive of North Herts District Council asking for action in bringing these issues up with First Capital Connect and Network Rail. He has agreed to do that.
J Franks also comments on commuter parking in Meadowbank. Just after the recent elections, I asked the council to consider a scheme to deal with commuter parking in Common Rise, where many residents raised with me this problem. I will certainly now include Meadowbank in that request.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Arrests made after assault leaves victim with lacerations to the head
- 2 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 3 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 4 Custodial sentence 'sends strong message' to those carrying knives
- 5 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 6 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 7 Hitchin Beer and Cider Festival in pictures
- 8 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 9 Hospice volunteers mark Churchgate Day on the catwalk with vintage fashion show
- 10 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony