SIR - R Burwash and J Franks have written in successive weeks about the appearance of the entrance and exit to Hitchin via the Cambridge Road railway bridge. The latter asks what are councillors doing about it, and I write as the county councillor for the
SIR - R Burwash and J Franks have written in successive weeks about the appearance of the entrance and exit to Hitchin via the Cambridge Road railway bridge.
The latter asks what are councillors doing about it, and I write as the county councillor for the areas on both sides of the bridge. I totally agree about the importance of the entrance to our town, and about the current ugly appearance of the bridge and the surrounding earth banks. After the first letter, I wrote to the chief executive of North Herts District Council asking for action in bringing these issues up with First Capital Connect and Network Rail. He has agreed to do that.
J Franks also comments on commuter parking in Meadowbank. Just after the recent elections, I asked the council to consider a scheme to deal with commuter parking in Common Rise, where many residents raised with me this problem. I will certainly now include Meadowbank in that request.
- 1 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 2 Farmhouse owners disgusted by 'abhorrent' solar panels plan
- 3 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 4 COVID-19 cases plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 5 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 6 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 7 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 8 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 9 Teenagers demand drugs and punch paramedic during attempted robbery
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'