Ban on immigration and minority ways would leave country poorer
SIR – We have heard a lot in the last weeks about the British National Party and how they see the answer to many of the problems of our country. Although I understand some of their concerns, a blanket ban on immigration and minority ways of life would lea
SIR - We have heard a lot in the last weeks about the British National Party and how they see the answer to many of the problems of our country.
Although I understand some of their concerns, a blanket ban on immigration and minority ways of life would leave Great Britain a poorer place, to say nothing of the hardship and suffering it would cause to many who share this world with us. We have thrived for centuries by being tolerant, generous and fair, I see no reason to change.
However, it is plain to see that many of our towns and cities are nearing capacity, bringing unrest, poverty, and near anarchy. So what to do?
Common sense decrees that as we are a small island we can only absorb so many migrants, refugees and asylum seekers and still maintain a fair and sustainable society.
The government of the day has shied away for too long from creating strong legislation and sensible management of our borders. What are they afraid of?
Oh! The European Union would not like it. They need Britain to do as they are told and adhere to all the petty laws that are decreed by the European parliament.
- 1 Person dies after being hit by train between Hatfield and Finsbury Park
- 2 Four vehicles crash on A602 near Stevenage
- 3 Stevenage's Forster Country: 'Secret plans' for car park and toilet block
- 4 Woman's purse 'stolen' outside Stevenage Tesco
- 5 Recap: Person 'hit by a train' between Welwyn Garden City and London
- 6 Beauty products worth 'thousands of pounds' stolen from Hitchin Sainsbury's
- 7 Stevenage doctor 'filled with pride' after taking home national award
- 8 All the Thameslink routes which will run during the early October strike
- 9 Apply for free tickets to see new season of The Masked Singer being filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Man who exposed Jimmy Savile reveals work on another paedophile case
What are we, mice or men? What did our fathers and grandfathers fight for? Freedom!
Britain needs a government that has freedom for all at its heart, to be clear thinking, fair and democratic for all who live and work within our islands. A government which looks after all sections of our society and organises our infrastructure and housing for the benefit of people, not profit. A government which financially encourages industrious and strong work ethics that will give our young people back the ability to learn and work to their full potential, academics and manual workers alike. A government which believes in Great Britain as a world player, not a federal state of Europe
It matters not what colour or creed we are, we are British, that should be our belief, and as such we should continue the long tradition of fairness and understanding that Britain has been famous for, but with common sense and within the bounds of possibility.
NAME AND ADDRESS