I am writing to The Comet today to highlight the parking of cars, presumably by commuters, along the stretch of Icknield Way between the junction of Bedford Road and Marmet Avenue, in Letchworth Garden City. The parking of 20–30 cars on this stretch of ro
I am writing to The Comet today to highlight the parking of cars, presumably by commuters, along the stretch of Icknield Way between the junction of Bedford Road and Marmet Avenue, in Letchworth Garden City.
The parking of 20-30 cars on this stretch of road, in effect turns it into a single lane carriageway, which is fine until two cars travelling in opposite directions try to pass each other, often clashing mirrors or worse still mounting the footpath to avoid a collision.
The problem increases considerably in the morning and evening rush hours, if ever double yellow lines were needed, this surely is it!!
Cannot Herts County Highways or the police do anything to improve the situation before there is a serious accident on this road?
You may also want to watch:
What are the views of your readers on this?
S JACKSON, Icknield Avenue, Letchworth Garden City
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 4 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 7 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses
- 10 The hidden history of Hitchin's disappeared pubs