Backing the 42 days
SIR - The Government s proposal to detain terror suspects without charge for up to 42 days is a step in the right direction in the fight against terrorism, which is a clear and present danger in this country. Under the circumstances, when public security
SIR - The Government's proposal to detain terror suspects without charge for up to 42 days is a step in the right direction in the fight against terrorism, which is a clear and present danger in this country.
Under the circumstances, when public security is at risk, it is a very sensible measure. As terrorist plots are getting more sophisticated and police need more time to compile evidence to charge a person, 28 days is not enough any more and 42 days will be there to ensure that dangerous terrorists are not released. The public safety should be paramount to all this civil liberties nonsense talk.
I hope this Government will have enough sense and guts to stand up to this evil.
Mrs N ROWE
SIR - I disagree with Louise, it is people like Louise who let these people get away with this terror act. She says that they are targeting one community, well these people should not get involved in these acts and when these people are found guilty in courts, they should be deported if they were not born here.
- 1 Stevenage's Forster Country: 'Secret plans' for car park and toilet block
- 2 Stevenage doctor 'filled with pride' after taking home national award
- 3 Four vehicles crash on A602 near Stevenage
- 4 All the Thameslink routes which will run during the early October strike
- 5 Residents report 30 ambulances queuing at Lister A&E
- 6 Person dies after being hit by train between Hatfield and Finsbury Park
- 7 Wednesday rail strike action to hit commuter lines in Herts and Essex
- 8 Man who exposed Jimmy Savile reveals work on another paedophile case
- 9 Woman's purse 'stolen' outside Stevenage Tesco
- 10 Beauty products worth 'thousands of pounds' stolen from Hitchin Sainsbury's
The Government have given our country away, thank God I am on my way out, I do not wish to be in this country in 20 years time to be run by other countries. If I wanted to live in another country, I would not get money and housing allowances, free NHS and doctors. What we need is a Winston Churchill, he would never have let this happen. Our MP should be ashamed of herself.
Mrs ANN SMITH