Backing the 42 days
SIR - The Government s proposal to detain terror suspects without charge for up to 42 days is a step in the right direction in the fight against terrorism, which is a clear and present danger in this country. Under the circumstances, when public security
SIR - The Government's proposal to detain terror suspects without charge for up to 42 days is a step in the right direction in the fight against terrorism, which is a clear and present danger in this country.
Under the circumstances, when public security is at risk, it is a very sensible measure. As terrorist plots are getting more sophisticated and police need more time to compile evidence to charge a person, 28 days is not enough any more and 42 days will be there to ensure that dangerous terrorists are not released. The public safety should be paramount to all this civil liberties nonsense talk.
I hope this Government will have enough sense and guts to stand up to this evil.
Mrs N ROWE
You may also want to watch:
SIR - I disagree with Louise, it is people like Louise who let these people get away with this terror act. She says that they are targeting one community, well these people should not get involved in these acts and when these people are found guilty in courts, they should be deported if they were not born here.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 7 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 8 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises
The Government have given our country away, thank God I am on my way out, I do not wish to be in this country in 20 years time to be run by other countries. If I wanted to live in another country, I would not get money and housing allowances, free NHS and doctors. What we need is a Winston Churchill, he would never have let this happen. Our MP should be ashamed of herself.
Mrs ANN SMITH