Backing for dress code
SIR – In response to the letter from Simone: Furious at club dress code (The Comet, November 2). The actual issue here is that the appeal of this club is so great; I am convinced Simone will attempt to gain entry despite her opposition to its dress code
SIR - In response to the letter from Simone: "Furious at club dress code" (The Comet, November 2). The actual issue here is that the appeal of this club is so great; I am convinced Simone will attempt to gain entry despite her opposition to its dress code.
If you do not like the dress code then I suggest to you Simone, you do not even attempt to gain entry. Being intimidated at the prospect of being rejected on account of your attire will then be non-existent.
The Liquid/Envy nightclub is a business that is there to entertain. Without appealing entertainment there would be no visitors. By the number of people who continue to visit this club it suggests that the vast majority of the general public are more than happy to abide by the dress code.
I suggest that the continuing popularity of this club can only be attributed to its visitors welcoming the nightclub's upmarket approach to their admissions. Situated in a predominantly chav oriented location this club is doing something different. It is a welcomed change and I believe more nightclubs in the area should be encouraged to follow suit. It is understandably an unwelcome change to the seasoned Stevenage clubber.
You may also want to watch:
After visiting I can not help but sense that the Liquid/Envy nightclub is eager to attract a crowd who are oblivious to Timberlands, T-shirts and blingtastic chains on a night out. Until its popularity wanes, this club will uphold its stringent dress code and quite rightly I believe.
- 1 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 2 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 4 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 7 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises