Article highlighted maligned condition
Thank you for highlighting the issue of depression in your article about Pauline Rhodes valuable book Double Trouble. Depression is a much maligned and belittled condition. It is also far more widespread than people imagine with up to one in five of the
Thank you for highlighting the issue of depression in your article about Pauline Rhodes' valuable book Double Trouble.
Depression is a much maligned and belittled condition. It is also far more widespread than people imagine with up to one in five of the population suffering from it during their lifetimes. Pauline is so right when she demands 'Why should people suffering from mental illness be subjected to such stigma, fear and degradation when those with cancer receive the very best?' Articles like yours will help to lift the stigma and the ignorance associated with it.
May I, however, respectfully correct two errors in your article? The first is that National Depression Week is now Depression Awareness Week. The other is that it is run by Depression Alliance and not MIND or Rethink (as your article might seem to imply). We have been running this campaign alone for many years now and it is an integral part of our work.
We are Britain's leading charity working specifically in this field and are always happy to try and help those who come to us. If any reader would like to know more about depression or about us they may ring our answerphone on 0845 123 2320 and they can be sent an information pack. Alternatively they can write to us at Suite 212, Spitfire Studios,
You may also want to watch:
63 - 71 Collier St, London N1 9BE.
PAUL LANHAM, Vice-President, Depression Alliance, Alexander Road, Clifton
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 Drugs, weapons and cash recovered as man arrested in Beds village