Article caused a stink
SIR – Your article entitled Kicking Up A Stink Over Waste gives the impression that alleged odour problems at Arlesey landfill site are caused by alternate weekly waste collection in the district. This is not the case. Mid Beds household waste is not s
SIR - Your article entitled "Kicking Up A Stink Over Waste" gives the impression that alleged odour problems at Arlesey landfill site are caused by alternate weekly waste collection in the district.
This is not the case. Mid Beds' household waste is not sent to Arlesey Landfill site, instead it goes via the Elstow sorting facility near Bedford, to Brogborough landfill site near Junction13 of the M1.
You may also want to watch:
Mid Beds District Council
EDITOR'S NOTE: The article did not state that the waste was from Arlesey. Indeed much of the waste is from a London Borough which also operates the same two-weekly collection service which is causing so much distress to so many residents in Mid Beds.
- 1 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 2 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 3 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 4 What you need to know about the changing divorce laws
- 5 Medical spa at the front of breaking down taboos about cosmetic treatments opens in Stevenage
- 6 CCTV appeal after distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 7 Darcie's Wish fundraising back on track after 18 months
- 8 Youths to be questioned by police in connection with fountain foam
- 9 Have your say on future of Stevenage High Street
- 10 Woman suffers cuts and bruises in pub glassing