Article caused a stink
SIR – Your article entitled Kicking Up A Stink Over Waste gives the impression that alleged odour problems at Arlesey landfill site are caused by alternate weekly waste collection in the district. This is not the case. Mid Beds household waste is not s
SIR - Your article entitled "Kicking Up A Stink Over Waste" gives the impression that alleged odour problems at Arlesey landfill site are caused by alternate weekly waste collection in the district.
This is not the case. Mid Beds' household waste is not sent to Arlesey Landfill site, instead it goes via the Elstow sorting facility near Bedford, to Brogborough landfill site near Junction13 of the M1.
You may also want to watch:
Mid Beds District Council
EDITOR'S NOTE: The article did not state that the waste was from Arlesey. Indeed much of the waste is from a London Borough which also operates the same two-weekly collection service which is causing so much distress to so many residents in Mid Beds.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 9 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 10 Do you recognise these people?