Anger at the clampers
SIR - I am writing to let you know how appalled I am with the clampers in the Stevenage Leisure Park. My son parked his car there on Saturday to go and get a burger and to draw some money out from the cash tills there, only to find that one machine had n
SIR - I am writing to let you know how appalled I am with the clampers in the Stevenage Leisure Park.
My son parked his car there on Saturday to go and get a burger and to draw some money out from the cash tills there, only to find that one machine had no money and the other charges a fee, which he did not want to pay. He walked over to his building society which was on the other side of town, and when he got there he found there were queues inside and outside.
When he returned to his vehicle 45 minutes later he found it had been clamped which is so annoying as there were other cars there which I am sure had been there for much longer. There are so many people who park there and are lucky to get away with it.
He had done an honest morning's work to earn some extra money to find he had to hand it over to these time wasters. Norwich Union apparently own this car park. I will be contacting them.
A VERY ANGRY FATHER
- 1 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 2 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 3 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 4 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 8 Enter Shikari to play Club 85 gig in Hitchin as part of The National Lottery’s Revive Live Tour
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Vegan market returns for final 2021 trade with festive twist