Anger at the clampers
SIR - I am writing to let you know how appalled I am with the clampers in the Stevenage Leisure Park. My son parked his car there on Saturday to go and get a burger and to draw some money out from the cash tills there, only to find that one machine had n
SIR - I am writing to let you know how appalled I am with the clampers in the Stevenage Leisure Park.
My son parked his car there on Saturday to go and get a burger and to draw some money out from the cash tills there, only to find that one machine had no money and the other charges a fee, which he did not want to pay. He walked over to his building society which was on the other side of town, and when he got there he found there were queues inside and outside.
When he returned to his vehicle 45 minutes later he found it had been clamped which is so annoying as there were other cars there which I am sure had been there for much longer. There are so many people who park there and are lucky to get away with it.
He had done an honest morning's work to earn some extra money to find he had to hand it over to these time wasters. Norwich Union apparently own this car park. I will be contacting them.
You may also want to watch:
A VERY ANGRY FATHER
- 1 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 2 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 3 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 4 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 5 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 6 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth
- 7 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 Arlesey school recognised with prestigious inclusion award
- 10 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys