Accident will happen soon
SIR - In response to last week s letter regarding speeding motorists and the problems with mopeds on Burford Way and Swinburne Avenue in Hitchin, I have often seen idiots bombing up the road at 50mph and above! Some on motorbikes at above 60mph !!! Did
SIR - In response to last week's letter regarding speeding motorists and the problems with mopeds on Burford Way and Swinburne Avenue in Hitchin, I have often seen idiots bombing up the road at 50mph and above! Some on motorbikes at above
Did these pillocks ever take and pass a driving test?
I once spoke to the top man at Herts Highways, he explained to me that speed bumps would not be installed until there is a serious accident! This accident is going to occur before too long.
As for the subject of the Westmill moped nightmare, a group of five ride around the estate as late as up to 12am, beeping their horns and generally keeping all of us hardworking mature people awake!
Personally I blame their parents for not teaching them respect, they probably do not care what their kids get up to.
- 1 Apply for free tickets to see new season of The Masked Singer being filmed in Hertfordshire
- 2 Two men from North Herts wanted by police for failing to attend court
- 3 Family's car window smashed in overnight criminal damage
- 4 Tesco and Aldi among supermarkets issuing 'do not eat' warnings
- 5 Rising costs see refill store in Letchworth close for good
- 6 Baldock Charter Fair returns this week!
- 7 Missing 16-year-old from Letchworth found 'safe and well'
- 8 Starry-eyed Letchworth students meet Britain’s first astronaut
- 9 Celebrating 50 years of Stevenage's Fairlands Valley Park
- 10 Man dies following medical episode at Stevenage Cineworld
The police need to sit on this estate in unmarked cars, because as soon as one of the moped herberts sees a marked patrol car they are off down one of the numerous alleyways to escape and cause more nights of misery...
I am off to make my own stinger device now!