A wider outlook to help keep town alive
Oh happy days! We have a Tesco store in Baldock so we have nothing to complain about! Fortunately some of us in Baldock have a wider outlook on life and realise that our town centre (which is not Tesco) needs a bit of TLC to keep its character and to pros
Oh happy days! We have a Tesco store in Baldock so we have nothing to complain about!
Fortunately some of us in Baldock have a wider outlook on life and realise that our town centre (which is not Tesco) needs a bit of TLC to keep its character and to prosper. We have a market which is suffering, whether it is our wonderful supermarket which is having an effect or poor management, these are the things which can now be addressed. We have a wonderful town hall which is in use but needs attention and parking in the town centre is causing problems.
We are not complaining but we are asking for help to keep Baldock alive. We have great shops in the town, they may be few but the majority of them are of much higher quality and better value for money than any supermarket.
Next time you park in our wonderful supermarket's car park, try walking in to our town and see what you think and hopefully you will realise there's more to Baldock than Tesco!
CHRISTINE ARNOLD, Turpins Way, Baldock
- 1 Stevenage Iceland to permanently close today
- 2 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 3 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 4 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 5 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 6 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 7 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
- 8 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 9 Latest on Stevenage Marks & Spencer store opening
- 10 Airbus: Stevenage's out of this world impact on space missions over seven decades