A wider outlook to help keep town alive
Oh happy days! We have a Tesco store in Baldock so we have nothing to complain about! Fortunately some of us in Baldock have a wider outlook on life and realise that our town centre (which is not Tesco) needs a bit of TLC to keep its character and to pros
Oh happy days! We have a Tesco store in Baldock so we have nothing to complain about!
Fortunately some of us in Baldock have a wider outlook on life and realise that our town centre (which is not Tesco) needs a bit of TLC to keep its character and to prosper. We have a market which is suffering, whether it is our wonderful supermarket which is having an effect or poor management, these are the things which can now be addressed. We have a wonderful town hall which is in use but needs attention and parking in the town centre is causing problems.
We are not complaining but we are asking for help to keep Baldock alive. We have great shops in the town, they may be few but the majority of them are of much higher quality and better value for money than any supermarket.
Next time you park in our wonderful supermarket's car park, try walking in to our town and see what you think and hopefully you will realise there's more to Baldock than Tesco!
You may also want to watch:
CHRISTINE ARNOLD, Turpins Way, Baldock
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?