A wider outlook to help keep town alive
Oh happy days! We have a Tesco store in Baldock so we have nothing to complain about! Fortunately some of us in Baldock have a wider outlook on life and realise that our town centre (which is not Tesco) needs a bit of TLC to keep its character and to pros
Oh happy days! We have a Tesco store in Baldock so we have nothing to complain about!
Fortunately some of us in Baldock have a wider outlook on life and realise that our town centre (which is not Tesco) needs a bit of TLC to keep its character and to prosper. We have a market which is suffering, whether it is our wonderful supermarket which is having an effect or poor management, these are the things which can now be addressed. We have a wonderful town hall which is in use but needs attention and parking in the town centre is causing problems.
We are not complaining but we are asking for help to keep Baldock alive. We have great shops in the town, they may be few but the majority of them are of much higher quality and better value for money than any supermarket.
Next time you park in our wonderful supermarket's car park, try walking in to our town and see what you think and hopefully you will realise there's more to Baldock than Tesco!
You may also want to watch:
CHRISTINE ARNOLD, Turpins Way, Baldock
- 1 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 2 Teaching assistant celebrates 50 years of working at school
- 3 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 4 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says county council
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 7 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 8 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images