A real pain
SO everyone s favourite scientologist, Tom Cruise, has eaten humble pie for his comments about Brooke Shields postnatal depression. He has, according to reports in the American press, given her a heartfelt apology for saying that depression could be tr
SO everyone's favourite scientologist, Tom Cruise, has eaten humble pie for his comments about Brooke Shields' postnatal depression.
He has, according to reports in the American press, given her a "heartfelt apology" for saying that depression could be treated with exercise and vitamins, and that chemical imbalances which need to be sorted out with drugs do not exist.
The reports omit to say whether he's actually backed down on his position or just realised that his comments were crass and insensitive, but either way I think it's incredibly gracious of Ms Shields to have forgiven him.
How is he in any way qualified to talk about the experience of childbirth, of what Brooke, and millions of other women around the world must feel like after having a baby?
You may also want to watch:
He's always been a popular one with the ladies (I don't see it myself really, but that's just personal taste) and I wonder if his behavior of late has done anything to dent this popularity.
Let's face it - what with banning poor Katie Holmes from screaming during the birth of their oddly-named child, as though she would make noise through choice and not as a natural reaction to excruciating pain - he's hardly a feminist icon at the moment.
- 1 Arrests made after assault leaves victim with lacerations to the head
- 2 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 3 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 4 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 5 Custodial sentence 'sends strong message' to those carrying knives
- 6 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 7 Hitchin Beer and Cider Festival in pictures
- 8 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 9 Hospice volunteers mark Churchgate Day on the catwalk with vintage fashion show
- 10 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
Are his bizarre views making the women of the world stay away from his films?
I've never exactly rushed out to see his movies the second they opened, although I've watched my fair share.
But I'll certainly think twice now before adding to his considerable wealth by buying a ticket to something he's in.